This procedure is a very welcomed one for many. The nose, being right in the centre of your face is obviously noticeable in most circumstances, therefore it’s no wonder that many people feel the need to alter it, some are for hereditary reasons and others may be due to an accident causing a break. No matter what your reasons Bellisimos has qualified practitioners to ensure a great and safe result. Known sometimes as “Mini Rhinoplasty” This innovative non-surgical procedure has become extremely popular, especially considering it’s alternative being surgical Rhinoplasty.
What process should I expect if I decide to have Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty with Bellisimos?
One the treatment day a topical anaesthetic will first be applied to begin the numbing process, there is an option to include a dental block in the treatment plan if you feel that you’re particularly sensitive to pain, as we want to ensure you are completely relaxed during the procedure. Once the numbing process is completed the area will be cleaned thoroughly pre injection. The practitioner will talk you through each step and begin treatment.
If you decide to have the treatment, a consultation with one of our practitioners will be arranged. The practitioner will create a treatment plan with you after hearing what you would like to achieve from the procedure. A treatment date will be arranged and we will talk you through every step to ensure you are confident and at ease beforehand.
Including numbing the whole treatment process should take around 40 minutes. The results will be instant, you will be given all of the aftercare information and a follow up appointment will be arranged.
The alternative procedure has many downsides such as:
- It’s more expensive by thousands of pounds
- You would need weeks off work, which can cost you money
- The surgery itself is not an easy task – it involves a hammer & chisel
- The recovery time is very long
- You would be hours in theatre under general anaesthetic which also brings risksAs you could probably imagine, many people are now eager to avoid surgery.
Considering the above examples and a non-surgical treatment would take minutes not hours, and the affordability is also a bonus. Even though money is not an object to some, the results of non-surgical treatment has been greatly successful, and some even better that the latter. Due to the patient being awake during the treatment, they can see the result in stages and discuss any desires for their new shape with the practitioner throughout each stage of the changes. Many find this a relieving advantage, also patients enjoy that their results are immediate and there’s no down time afterwards. This procedure is great in treating the following;
- The procedure is done using dermal fillers which can last up to 24 months
- Dermal fillers are temporary and are removable
- Due to the flexibility in nature of the product used the patient or practitioner could opt for a new approach if desired or necessary
- The changes that can be achieved are natural looking
- The product is versatile having unique visco-elastic properties – this means Bellisimos are able to accomplish very specific improvements in noose reshaping which are not possible by surgical rhinoplasty procedures
- The patient is conscious during treatment and can interact with their practitioner throughout
- No downtime required
A flat or a low bridge
Advantages include the following;
- Folds of the nose
- A bump or ‘hook’ on the bridge of the nose
- An asymmetrical nose
- A crooked nose
What’s the aftercare?
We advise that after your treatment you avoid alcohol for 6-12 hours. In addition, it is also recommended that you avoid strenuous exercise as this can contribute to swelling and bruising. Other daily activities can continue as normal and keeping the area cool can help to minimise swelling and bruising or any tenderness you may feel after treatment.
Are there any side effects?
Side effects are rare but can include redness, swelling, and bruising at the injection site. Any of these issues usually clear within a few days.
Who cannot have this treatment?
Unfortunately we cannot treat you if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Your medical history details will also be reviewed during your consultation.
How long will the results last and can I improve the longevity?
How long the results last varies from several months to over a year or two. Some research shows that repeated injections may help stimulate the body’s own natural production of collagen, which will help your results last longer. There is also some evidence that less Dermal Filler is needed over time to achieve the same look. Hyaluronic acid is a water loving product, so keeping yourself hydrated can help your results last longer.